baby
baby
baby
baby

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our first visit to the InstaCare...

Well last night, Kyle slipped while trying to get into the bath tub and he hit his chin. Luckily it didn't bleed too much. Of course Kyle was naked, so I got him dressed, loaded Miles and Kyle into the car, and headed to the Insta Care (there is one just down the street from us). I called Steve at work and he met us there. Kyle did so good. The nurse put Lidocaine gel on the cut for about 15 minutes, then he got a Lidocaine shot and then 5 stitches!!! He didn't flinch or really even cry when the doctor was placing the stitches or giving him the shot. He is such a brave boy. Even today he didn't complain much about it hurting.
Before stitches
Getting Lidocaine shot
Receiving Stitches
Finished product- 5 stitches

11 comments:

Christina said...

How sad- poor little guy! That must have been very traumatic-what a brave boy you have!

Lauri said...

Oh my goodness!! What a tough little guy!!! Sounds like he handled it better than I would have! LOL

Jen said...

oh, its always so sad to see kids getting stitches. Unfortunately I think they are unavoidable when you have boys. Looks like he was so big and handled it well. What a strong little boy.

MEGandJEFF said...

What a tough guy! I think I still cry when I have to get stitches...haha :) It was good to see ya the other night at work..even though I"m sure you'd rather have been home!

Wendy Anderson said...

What a brave little boy that is so cute that he did so well!!

Amanda said...

How scary!!! I love how you got step by step pictures....was that Steve's doing??

I hope the stitches are doing well! Those things hurt!

Get well soon!

Cher said...

OMG! What a brave little boy:) My turn is yet to come with my two boys but I'm prepared..boys will be boys:)

Bingham fam said...

What a tough little fellow! How did you decide he needed stiches? Katelin hit her head a while back and I wasn't sure what to do. I ended up just using a butterfly bandaide. I hope that it heals right.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Poor baby!! I'm sure he'll have a really kickin' scar to show the ladies when he grows up! :) Looks like he's being such a little brave guy, though.

Wendy Anderson said...

Oh my gosh that is horrible that they had to castrate that little boy oh I can't even believe that that poor boy!

Cam and Chelle said...

Wow... what a champ!