baby
baby
baby
baby

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Update on the pregnancy

Two Saturdays ago I started bleeding and of course I was hysterical. We went to the hospital to check to see if the baby was still there, and we found a heart beat. It is a good, strong heartbeat. They put me on bed rest until my scheduled ultrasound in 9 days. I stopped bleeding until last Friday when I started spotting again. I called the doctor and he just placed me on strict bed rest until the ultrasound in 3 days. The doctors were thinking maybe I had placenta previa. Well Monday came and ultrasound time is here. The baby looks healthy and is very active. We got a good open shot of the sex. We are having a GIRL!!!!! I am so excited. Steve is still in shock, but is getting used to the idea. I do not have placenta previa, the placenta has ripped away from the uterus a little and just needs time to heal and reattach itself. I am not suppose to do any excessive lifting or heavy lifting, vacuuming, or laundry and I am suppose to take it easy. Easier said then done with 2 kids but Steve is really good about keeping me off my feet. We are really excited about having a girl and all the drama she will cause. She is all ready causing us drama and she is still in the womb!

14 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

That is so exciting!! We are actually pregnant with our third now and i am secretly hoping for a girl.(i am only 2 months...just don't mention it on my blog b/c i haven't told anyone here) :) I am glad that you are okay and that the baby is okay. Good news.

The Culbertson's said...

Girls will be girls! Just think of all the 'drama' training you had through being Heather's best friends ;), it was meant to be. I'm so excited for you-does this mean I get to have a boy next time? Good luck with everything I know how hard it is to be told to 'take it easy' with kids younger kids! Much love,
Sara

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh Moni--I am so glad that everything is OK. That must have been such a scare for you and Steve. I'm thrilled you are having a girl--man that's going to be so much fun!!! How are the boys reacting to the the news of a baby sister?? Have you thought of any names? When is your actual due date? I know--so many questions. ;)

Michelle said...

Yeah for Leila! Can't wait to meet her!

Gerritt and Melissa said...

Oh Monica! That is so exciting! I truly am sorry about all the drama so far. And, I understand how taking it easy is easier said than done. I am also not supposed to do excessive lifting, vacuuming, and all that stuff, but it's pretty hard to avoid! Hang in there!
Love you TONS!
Melissa

Lisa said...

oh the drama! I just have to tell you how excited I am that you are having a girl. I've been wanting to tell EVERYBODY I talk to, but they don't know you, so I just keep my mouth shut. Then I told my mom and she gave me a good reaction. That was nice!! Hopefully I'll see you Sunday??

Cher said...

OMG you are having a girl!!! I am so happy for you! and I'm glad nothing horrible happened and all is wonderful:)

Leslie said...

I am sooo glad everything's okay...and even more glad and extactic that it's a GIRL!!!! Awesome. She'll be so cute-I know because your first two are just adorable!!! I love the new pictures of everyone!

Amanda said...

YEAH!!!!!! How fun! I hope your bleeding stops. That is really scary. I bled for a few weeks when I was first pregnant. It was really scary.

I am excited for you!

Steve and Rebecca said...

Wow!! Glad everything is okay and that you are having a girl! How exciting!!

Sheli said...

Way cute kids! I am excited to hear you are having a girl. Congrats! Happy to hear all is well with her. good luck and hang in there. Sheli :}

Nadia said...

Hi Monica - this is Nadia. Brads Wife... Anyway I just found your blog and its so cute. You guys look great and congratulations on your pregnancy. Girls are so much fun. Good luck!!!

Jen said...

I am just so excited for you to have a baby girl. I was so worried about you after talking to you at work. I am glad that your hubby is taking such good care of you.

Miss Kim said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I hope things go smoothly from here on out!