baby
baby
baby
baby

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Georgia Day 2

Day 2 July 7, 2012

Georgia's PA/NP called me at about 6 am to inform me that Georgia was doing great.  They extubated her and have her on CPAP and so far is doing well.  They stared feeding her through a feeding tube.  The doctor ordered 5 mL every 3 hours.  They tried weening her to a high flow nasal cannula but Georgia's oxygen saturation levels dropped so they placed her back on the CPAP.  Her CO2 levels have normalized so that was no longer a concern so they removed her artery line.  I was able to hold her for a  few hours before we went home and towards the end she perked up and began to move her arms and open her mouth in search of  food. A GREAT way to end the day, Monica could only be happier if she was coming home tonight.

Just arrived at the hospital. 

I was able to "feed" Georgia, her first feeding.  I was able to hold the syringe  for the gravity flow of food into her feeding tube.

Removing the artery line from her umbilical

It took many people to maneuver the lines but I was able to hold my baby!
Shortly before we left for the evening.  She started grabbing my finger and opening her mouth in search for something.  She still hasn't really opened her eyes yet.


No comments: