baby
baby
baby
baby

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Welcoming Baby #4

We are excited to announce that baby #4 is on the way. We are due August 12. This pregnancy has been a hard and challenging time for all of us so far. We are only about 12 weeks along and for the last 4 weeks I have been dealing with extreme nausea and vomiting. I am on IV fluids twice a day and haven't been able to work or even really take care of the kids or house or anything. I just sit or lay down and concentrate on trying not to throw up. I have tried all the different anti nausea medications that the doctor has prescribed and the zofran has been helping some. I am hoping that now that I am getting into my second trimester that things will start getting better. This pregnancy has been so different from all my other pregnancies that I feel like this is my first pregnancy all over again because nothing that I know works. I am so grateful for my mom and mother in law who have helped a lot with taking care of the kids, doing my dishes and laundry. Steve also has been amazing he has become mom, wife and homemaker. I truly have an amazing husband.

6 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Congrats!! I was so excited when my mom told me you were expecting. Brad and I would love if baby came on the 14th. ;) (I'll speak for him).

Hope you get to feeling better soon. xo

Christina said...

Congratulations!!!! How exciting- though, of course, not the being sick part.

I don't know if this will help, but my sister gets SUPER sick when she is pregnant, and she posted a trick that her doctor gave her to at least lesson the nausea. It might be worth a shot. Here is her blogpost where she talks about it if you want to try yet another thing: http://shellsandthegang.blogspot.com/2009/01/and-so-it-goes.html

Good luck!!!

Michelle said...

I so wish I lived closer to help you out! Hopefully this will not last the whole time. And sorry Trish, she usually delivers all her baby's super early.

Kevin and Amanda said...

How exciting!!! Congrats! I hear ya on the barfing. I wasn't that bad, but I did barf a lot. My sister had a PICC line for 2 of her pregnancies and was on zofran and it helped, but didn't make it go away. I hope you can find some relief. Good luck and congrats! I'm so excited for you!

Jackie said...

I love love love you guys!! Just dont' forget that I am here too now!

LynchFam08 said...

Congratulations! (on the pregnancy, not the morning sickness.)

My pregnancy I was sick from about 8 weeks until about 18 weeks. It really sucked. Are you feeling any better? I drank hot water with lots of lemon in it, sucked on hard candies, used seabands, and took Zofran. Had a few IV's too, but nothing really worked except the Zofran, and that just created constipation issues. Yipee...

I really hope you're feeling better by now.

I posted some updated pics on my blog and Shutterfly site, if you have a chance to check them out.

Love Ya!