baby
baby
baby
baby

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The worst part of working where I work.....

For those of you who don't know, I work as a nurse at LDS hospital on the Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant floor. The worst part about working here is when a patient that has a special place in your heart passes away. I just had a patient pass away yesterday who I just adored. I loved going into his room and just talking with him. He was such an amazing guy. That is also one of the best things about working here. You meet amazing people who have an affect on your life. I am blessed to work here and meet amazing people who better my life in many ways.

3 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh Monica--I'm so sorry for the loss. Even though you started this post out as the worst part about your job, you ended up talking about what you love about it--I think that speaks so much about your work and how even though it is tough it still has it's joyous moments.

Miss you! And post some pictures of those kiddie of yours! :)

Bingham fam said...

I am sorry Mony! That is really sad. I am sure he loved having you as a nurse too.

Tashina said...

I remember those same feelings. In fact, one of my favorites passed away 6 months or so after I quit working there, and I still cried. It's so hard, and yet it's such an incredible place with some of the most amazing people.